WOLFPACK THEATRE UPDATE
Thespians and Wolfpack Theatre Community,
I hope you are all healthy and doing well during this unprecedented time. I know that you are all anxious to find out the plans for theatre this year at Vista Ridge and are ready to get back to work. The answer is that I still have no clear picture for what theatre will look like for the 2020-2021 school year.
My hope is that I can create a safe and creative performance opportunity for you all and for myself. The performing arts department has reached out to the administration for guidance on how we can best follow the restrictions for safety but we have yet to be able to have a meeting regarding our issues.
Here are the current restrictions as I understand them as emailed to me from the Activities Director.
Participants should have their symptoms checked and those that have been exposed to COVID or symptomatic persons should not participate
• Outdoor rehearsals and performances are best
• Masks should be worn at all times except when actively playing a wind or brass instruments
• Social distancing should be maintained at all times (vocalist and wind or brass instruments should be positioned 15 feet from one another)
• Flow of student traffic within a classroom should be one-way if possible
• String, percussion, color guard, singers, etc. should wear a mask at all times, even during the performance/practice
• Outdoor practice should be limited to 30-minute increments/sessions with five minutes in-between to allow aerosol to disperse
• Room use between activities involving singing, wind or brass instruments, and heavy breathing should be spaced by 60 minutes
• No more than 10 individuals should participate in indoor practice or performances (instructors included)
· Must be 25 ft. between them and patrons
· As far as theater/auditoriums please note that there are two separate calculator guidances. One for places there people are mobile and one for where folks mostly come in are seated and mostly remain in place. watching a concert/play/etc.
Guys and Dolls is cancelled at this point for 2020-2021. I am trying to weigh my options but if the above restrictions are set, then our performance options are limited.
I hope you know that I'm trying my best to create some kind of experience for you. If you have nay questions of concerns please feel free to contact our Activities Director, Brandon Monson.
All my best,
Photography by Devin Allen
Vista Ridge High School Theatre
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”